Nestled on the shores of the Adriatic Sea, Split, Croatia, is a captivating coastal charmer renowned for its rich history, breathtaking landscapes, and vibrant atmosphere. With its ancient architecture, pristine beaches, and lively culture, Split beckons travelers seeking an extraordinary experience on the Dalmatian coast. In this article, we’ll serve as your guide to this coastal paradise, featuring top hotels, restaurants, shopping destinations, and exciting events that make Split a must-visit destination.
Split offers a wide array of accommodations that cater to diverse tastes and preferences:
- Hotel Park: Located along the waterfront promenade, Hotel Park combines luxury with stunning sea views. It’s a perfect choice for those seeking a tranquil yet centrally located stay.
- Diocletian Hotel & Residence: Situated within the walls of the ancient Diocletian’s Palace, this boutique hotel offers a unique blend of history and modern comfort.
- Marriott hotel in Dalmatia tower. Featuring the tallest skyscraper in Croatia, Marriott settled a four-star hotel that became one of the latest hotels in Split.
List of Split hotels (three stars – * * * ) (updated 4th October 2023)
- AS “Kopilica 8/A 21000 Split”
- Bellevue “Bana Josipa Jelačića 2 21000 Split”
- Consul “Tršćanska 34 21000 Split”
- Elu Iris “Put Radoševca 8 21000 Split”
- Jadran “Sustipanski put 23 21000 Split”
- More “Šetalište Pape Ivana Pavla II br. 27 21000 Split”
- Pax “Put iza Nove Bolnice 10c 21000 Split”
- Peristil “Poljana Kraljice Jelene 5 21000 Split”
- Slavija “Buvinina 2 21000 Split”
- Villa Diana “Kuzmanića 3 21000 Split”
List of Split hotels (four stars – * * * * ) (updated 4th October 2023)
- Amphora “Šetalište Ivana Pavla II br. 51 21000 Split”
- Art “Ulica slobode 41 21000 Split”
- Boutique Hotel Time “Vukovarska 35b 21000 Split”
- Briig Boutique Hotel “Kaliterna 1 21000 Split”
- Cora Hotel “Put Supavla 39 Split”
- Corner “Mažuranićevo šetalište 1 21000 Split”
- Cvita “Mihanovićeva 42f 21000 Split”
- Diocletian – Jupiter (ex Jupiter) “Kraj Sv. Ivana 2 21000 Split”
- Dioklecijan hotel & Residence “Kranjčevićeva 45 21000 Split”
- Fanat “Pape Ivana Pavla II br.36 21000 Split”
- Globo “Lovretska 18 21000 Split”
- Luxe “Kralja Zvonimira 6 21000 Split”
- Marmont “Zadarska 13 21000 Split”
- Marul “Ćirila i Metoda 7 21000 Split”
- Marvie Hotel “Peričićeva 1 21000 Split”
- Mondo (ex Dalmina) “Kopilica 5 21000 Split”
- Ora “Poljička 26E 21000 Split”
- President “Split, Starčevićeva 1 21000 Split”
- Split Inn “4. gardijske brigade 55 21000 Split”
- Vestibul Palace “Iza Vestibula 4a 21000 Split”
- Villa Harmony “Šetalište Petra Preradovića 1a 21000 Split”
List of Split hotels (five stars – * * * * * ) (updated 4th October 2023)
- Atrium “Domovinskog rata 49/a 21000 Split”
- Cornaro Hotel s depandansom “Sinjska ulica 6 21000 Split”
- Park “Hatzeov perivoj 3 21000 Split”
If you are wondering why we haven’t mentioned the five-star hotel Le Méridien Lav, Split. You have every right to ask. For a resort experience, Le Méridien Lav offers lavish amenities, including a marina, spa, and a private beach, all against the backdrop of the Adriatic. However, Le Méridien Lav is in Podstrana, which we cover in a separate article.
Split’s dining scene is a culinary journey through Mediterranean flavors:
- Konoba Matejuska: A charming seafood restaurant located in the heart of the old town, offering freshly caught fish and Dalmatian specialties in a cozy setting.
- Zinfandel Food & Wine Bar: Located near the Diocletian’s Palace, this upscale restaurant is known for its gourmet cuisine and extensive wine list.
- Bokeria Kitchen & Wine Bar: A trendy spot that combines traditional Dalmatian dishes with a modern twist. It’s a great place to savor local flavors in a stylish atmosphere.
Split offers various shopping experiences:
- Marmontova Street: A bustling street lined with boutique shops, designer stores, and cafes. It’s perfect for fashion enthusiasts and souvenir hunters.
- Inside old city walls – Diocletian’s Palace: Visit this lively markets to explore fresh produce, local crafts, and a vibrant atmosphere filled with the sights and sounds of local life.
Split hosts a range of cultural and entertainment events throughout the year:
- Split Summer Festival: This renowned festival features a variety of performances, including theater, music, and dance, taking place in historical venues within the city.
- Ultra Europe Festival: For electronic music enthusiasts, the Ultra Europe Festival brings top DJs and electronic acts from around the world to Split for an unforgettable music experience.
- Days of Diocletian: Celebrated in August, this event transports visitors back in time with historical reenactments and activities inspired by the Roman Emperor Diocletian, who built the famous palace.
Split, Croatia’s coastal charmer, invites travelers to explore a unique blend of history, natural beauty, and vibrant culture. Whether you’re wandering through the ancient Diocletian’s Palace, savoring Mediterranean cuisine, shopping for treasures, or immersing yourself in the city’s dynamic events, Split promises a remarkable coastal adventure. Its fusion of history, cuisine, and stunning landscapes makes it an ideal destination for those seeking a captivating experience on the enchanting Dalmatian coast.